• Start your hitting session with the 'High Tee' drill.
- Put the tee chest high and stand in your normal batting stance.
- When hitting, focus on staying on top of the ball.
- Also focus on getting the hands through the ball quickly.
• Work on hitting balls away then down the middle, then inside.
- Most pitchers work the outside of the plate.
- Spend your practice time wisely by attacking those outside pitches.
• Bring the Tee down to a lower height and repeat working outside to inside.
• When training for the season be sure to use a combination of workouts with weights and without.
- Training accessories like the TRX, Medicine balls and body weight exercises will help you gaiN
- Training in a rotational plane helps with bat speed and power.
- Its typical for a pro to get a good workout in 3 times a week while training for the season and 2
times a week during the season.
• Nutrition is one of the most important aspects of being an athlete
- Eat healthy: Fruits, vegetables and lots of fluids.
- Avoid fried foods especially during the season.
- Younger players want to be sure to have a good weight going into the season and try to maintain
that through the season.
- Hot weather and a lot of baseball can lead to muscle loss.
- Be sure to eat healthy and keep your protein intake high.
Tips for Getting scouted
• Play in the most competitive leagues with the best teams.
- College coaches are busy with their own season during the spring to watch High school players
- By playing with the best of the best, scouts and recruiters will be in attendance and have an
opportunity to see your skills.
• Go to showcases with multiple colleges and scouts.
• Take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're willing to make the sacrifices necessary to
take your game to the next level.
• Without 100% commitment, its unlikely to happen