Posted Monday May 20, 2019
by Kevan Askeland | maxpreps.com
1. (last week No. 1) IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.), 24-1 Notes: The Ascenders have four players ranked among the top 50 high school draft prospects for the 2019 MLB draft, including Brennan Malone, Kendall Williams, Rece Hinds and Josh Rivera. This week: Season over.
2. (2) Argyle (Texas), 35-1-1 Results: Defeated Brownwood 22-0 and 11-1 in the third round of the Class 4A state playoffs. Stats: Chad Ricker tossed a no-hitter with six strikeouts and also had two home runs with seven RBI in the 22-0 win. Bo Hogeboom added a double, a grand slam and six RBI, while Cade Merka had a double and a home run and Dillon Carter had a home run. Preston King went 2-for 3 with a grand slam in the second game while Carter and Ricker each had a home run. This week: Plays Canyon in regional semifinals.
3. (3) Georgetown (Texas), 36-2-1 Results: Defeated Porter 13-1 and 4-3 in 14 innings in the third round of the Class 5A state playoffs. Stats: Wesley Dixon and Ty Tilson each had two hits and a double in the first game and Tilson had a walkoff double in the 14th inning in the second game. This week: Plays Santa Fe in regional semifinals.
4. (5) New Hanover (Wilmington, N.C.), 24-1 Results: Defeated Southeast Guilford (Greensboro) 7-1 in third round of Class 3A playoffs and beat Terry Sanford 8-1 in quarterfinals. Stats: Kyle Smith had a home run and Chase Nixon drove in four runs against Southeast Guilford. Alex Sniffen had a two-run double against Terry Sanford. This week: D.H. Conley in semifinals.
5. (6) Cypress (Calif.), 31-3 Results: Defeated La Mirada 1-0 in Southern Section Division 1 semifinals and Harvard-Westlake 2-0 in section championship game. Stats: Cameron Repetti and Brett Wozniak both struck out five over nine innings with Repetti also getting a double against La Mirada. Peter Werth added a pair of doubles. Repetti struck out six against Harvard-Westlake while Luke Davis went 3-for-3 with a double. This week: Season over, California Southern Section Division 1 champions.
6. (7) Blanchard (Okla.), 39-0 Results: Defeated Kingfisher 7-4 in the semifinals and Harrah 14-5 in the finals to win the Class 4A state championship. Stats: Bryce Madron was 2-for-4 with a double and three RBI and Jack Kiker and Payton Miller each had a double in the win over Kingfisher. Kiker had a home run against Harrah while Kale Miller had two doubles. Jace Beck struck out 10. This week: Season over. Oklahoma Class 4A state champions.
7. (8) De La Salle (Concord, Calif.), 27-1 Results: Defeated James Logan (Union City) 5-0 in first round and Monte Vista (Danville) 2-1 in second round of North Coast Section Division 1 playoffs. Stats: Eric Reyzelman had 12 strikeouts in six no-hit innings against James Logan. Kyle Harrison struck out 10 against Monte Vista. This week: Foothill (Santa Ana) on Tuesday in semifinals.
8. (12) Barbe (Lake Charles, La.), 35-3 Results: Defeated Sam Houston 8-2 in Class 5A state championship game. Stats: Brody Drost had a double and home run with five RBI in the win. This week: Season over. Louisiana Class 5A state champions.
9. (13) DeSoto Central (Southaven, Miss.), 34-3 Results: Defeated S. Martin 3-1 and 5-0 to win Class 6A state championship. Stats: Cade Smith struck out 10 in the first game while Kyle Booker and Shemaar Stapleton each had a double in the second game. This week: Season over. Mississippi Class 6A state champions.
10. (4) Colleyville Heritage (Colleyville, Texas), 33-3 Results: Defeated Mansfield Legacy 13-3, but then lost 3-2. Won the third game 7-3. Stats: Bobby Witt Jr. went 3-for-4 with a triple and two RBI, while Mason Greer and Joey Koetting each had a double in the first game. Chandler Freeman had two doubles and Greer had one in the third game. This week: Plays Amarillo in regional semifinals.
11. (9) Cypress Ranch (Houston), 31-4-1 Results: Defeated Round Rock 2-1, lost 2-1, won the third game 3-0. Stats: Matt Thompson struck out 12 in the first game. J.J. Goss struck out 10 in the loss. Thompson had a triple and two RBI in the third game. This week: Plays Rockwall in regional semifinals.
12. (10) Farragut (Knoxville, Tenn.), 38-3 Results: Defeated Halls 9-2 in regional opener, but lost to Hardin Valley 5-2 in second round. Topped Tennessee (Bristol) 2-0 in sectional to advance to state tournament. Stats: Ashton King had a home run while Hunter Merrick went 2-for-4 with three RBI against Halls. King also had a home run against Tennessee. This week: State tournament
13. (15) Parkview (Lilburn, Ga.), 34-4 Results: Defeated North Gwinnett 9-6 and 9-3 in Class AAAAAAA semifinals. Stats: Jonathan French and Stephen Hrustich each hit a home run in the first win. Hrustich also had four RBI in the second game. This week: Hillgrove in state finals on Monday.
14. (16) Kingwood (Texas), 29-5-2 Results: Defeated Dickinson 6-0 and 17-2 in third round of Class 6A state playoffs. Stats: Masyn Winn struck out 13 in the first game and also had a home run in the first game. Tanner Evans also hit a home run while Luke Johnson had a double and a triple. This week: Plays Houston Lamar in regional semifinals.
15. (17) Lake Travis (Austin, Texas), 33-4 Results: Lost to Johnson 2-0, won 12-6 and 1-0. Stats: Parker Guerin went 4-for-4 with three RBI and Brett Baty had a double and a home run with four RBI in the second game. Baty struck out 13 in the third game. This week: Plays Laredo United South in regional semifinals.
16. (25) Hamilton (Chandler, Ariz.), 26-7 Results: Defeated Mountain Ridge 9-0 in semifinals, defeated Corona del Sol 8-1 in Class 6A state championship game. Stats: Shane Murphy threw a shutout with five strikeouts in the win over Mountain Ridge. Brock Selvidge had a home run, going 3-for-3 with three RBI against Corona del Sol. This week: Season over. Arizona Class 6A state champion.
17. (14) Harvard-Westlake (Studio City, Calif.), 27-6-1 Results: Defeated Huntington Beach 6-2 in Southern Section Division 1 semifinals. Lost to Cypress 2-0 in section championship game. Stats: Drew Bowser was 4-for-4 with three RBI in the semifinals. This week: Season over.
18. (18) Notre Dame (SO) (Sherman Oaks, Calif.), 24-7 Notes: Notre Dame returns four players from this year's Mission League champion that rank among the top 50 juniors in California by Perfect Game, including Lucas Gordon (LHP), Daylen Reyes (SS), Devan Ornelas (MIF) and Tyler Stromsborg (RHP). This week: Season over.
19. (19) Orange Lutheran (Orange, Calif.), 26-4 Notes: The Lancers return four players from the NHSI champions that rank among the top 50 juniors in California by Perfect Game, including Max Rajcic (RHP), Christian Rodriguez (RHP), Chad Born (OF), and James (Tank) Espalin (SS). This week: Season over.
20. (11) Sam Houston (Lake Charles, La.), 36-5 Results: Lost to Barbe 8-2 in Class 5A state championship game. Stats: Braden Duhon and Brandon Goodeaux had the only hits in the loss. This week: Season over.
21. (21) The Woodlands (Texas), 29-6 Results: Defeated Klein 7-3 in third round of Class 6A playoffs. Stats: Cameron Caley had two triples and Casey Sunseri had a double. This week: McKinney Boyd in Regional semifinals.
22. (20) Huntington Beach (Calif.), 25-7 Results: Lost to Harvard-Westlake (Studio City) 6-2 in Southern Section Division 1 semifinals. This week: Season over.
23. (27) American Heritage (Delray Beach, Fla.), 28-2 Results: Defeated Bishop Verot 3-0 and Oxbridge Academy 8-0 in first two rounds of Class 4A state playoffs. Stats: Jacob Lojewski had a home run and three RBI against Bishop Verot. This week: Plays Trinity Christian Academy on Friday.
24. (29) Valley Christian (San Jose, Calif.), 26-4 Results: Did not play. Playoff game with Palo Alto rained out. This week: Palo Alto in first round of Central Coast Section Open Division playoffs on Monday.
25. (35) Desert Oasis (Las Vegas), 34-7 Results: Defeated Arbor View 10-5 in second round of Class 4A state playoff. Defeated Reno 8-6 in third round and Reno 9-1 in state championship game. This week: Season over. Nevada Class 4A state champions.